THE NATIONAL BRICK RESEARCH CENTER (USA)
A Component of Clemson University
The Center is an industrially funded organization providing research, education, and service to producers and users of clay bricks and other ceramic materials (tile, mortar, and ceramics). Entities join the Center by paying annual dues according to a schedule set by the Center’s Industrial Board of Directors. The Center seeks to augment the educational process of the University students and be an important contributor to the University’s mission in research and public service.
The Center has developed unique capabilities and expertise to carry out this mission with special emphasis in:
- Research and service testing for potential emissions from manufacturing processes.
- Solving problems related to manufacturing.
- Evaluation of waste materials and additives.
- Evaluation of raw materials.
- Evaluation and problem solving with masonry systems.
- Forensic evaluation of masonry materials.
- Educational services with include short courses, Brickyard magazine, webinars and the annual Forum for brick manufacturers
Click the address marker on the map for driving directions.