Thanks to all the sponsors & attendees of the 2020 Virtual Clemson Brick Forum. All technical presentations will be available on WikiBrick by the end of November.
The National Brick Research Center is an industrially funded organization providing research, education, and service to producers and users of clay bricks and other ceramic materials (tile, mortar, and ceramics). Entities join the Center by paying annual dues according to a schedule set by the Center’s Industrial Board of Directors. The Center seeks to augment the educational process of the University students and be an important contributor to the University’s mission in research and public service.
The National Brick Research Center will advance the technology of clay brick materials and products, augment the education of ceramic and materials engineering students, and educate and serve individuals in the brick industry with a resultant increase and improved use of structural clay building products.
The vision for The Center is to be a key component in the economic success of its members through its influence on the manufacturing and use of brick and other structural clay building products.
The Center has developed unique capabilities and expertise to carry out this mission with special emphasis in:
– Research and service testing for potential emissions from manufacturing processes
– Solving problems related to manufacturing
– Evaluation of waste materials and additives
– Evaluation of raw materials
– Evaluation and problem solving with masonry systems
– Forensic evaluation of masonry materials
– Educational services, including short courses, webinars, Brickyard Magazine, and the annual Clemson Brick Forum